Related Posts with Thumbnails

FUN - ADVENTURE - EXCITEMENT

FUN - ADVENTURE - EXCITEMENT

I want to thank all the wonderful people who continue to e-mail us and enjoy this site.

Feel free to visit our current sites with links from:

http://www.deacon-pat.blogspot.com/

May God forever keep you,

Deacon Pat


Saturday, July 4, 2009

New Mexico to Texas

Here was our tent site at the KOA campground in Carlsbad New Mexico.

We woke up at 5:00 a.m. and packed up our gear.

We have the chore of setting up and breaking down camp down, the boys have their duties and the girls have theirs. We can do now do both in about 20 - 30 minutes.

It wasn't long and we were back on the road for a 6 1/2 hour drive.

We made better time than planned since the speed limit was 80 mph.


It wasn't long and we were in Texas.

We worked up an appetite and made a pit stop at our Friend's (Carson Weber) Parents who own this Gas Stop / Cafe.
His parents met us there and treated us to lunch.


Sean, Mackenzie, and Liz ate their Famous Bacon / Avocado Cheeseburger.


It was so good!

I on the other hand had something different.
I am trying to eat "local" food everywhere we go.
Carson has been telling me for some time that his parent's restaurant has the most delicious Breakfast Tacos you had ever tasted, so I had to try them.
Carson, you are right, they were great. I ordered three different kinds, you only see two here, I had already eaten the first.

After we ate, we swung by Carson's parent's home and guess what part of the visit Sean enjoyed the most?
Then we arrived at the Guadalupe River for the tubing trip.

We got our tubes and off we went.

It was over 100 degrees outside but it felt great on the river.

I think many other Texans had the same idea on July 4th.

It was a relaxing 2 hour trip.

Here is Mackenzie and Liz

I think Sean is going to pass me up soon!

Having fun and loving every minute of it......



No comments:

Post a Comment