Related Posts with Thumbnails

FUN - ADVENTURE - EXCITEMENT

FUN - ADVENTURE - EXCITEMENT

I want to thank all the wonderful people who continue to e-mail us and enjoy this site.

Feel free to visit our current sites with links from:

http://www.deacon-pat.blogspot.com/

May God forever keep you,

Deacon Pat


Monday, July 27, 2009

The Old Catholic Country Church

We visited Saint Elizabeth Church


Established 1897

I love the old churches


The Holy Altar

Every Church we visit we have a tradition to light a candle and say a prayer for a special person, here is Sean leading the way.

The stained glass windows were beautiful.

This was and is a very special church.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kearns Family,
    My father, Ed Mayer was born in Lefor and attended school at this very Church as a young boy. He spoke about Lefor all of his life but was never able to get us all back there as a family to visit. I went back for the first time in July 2008 to fulfill my Dad's wishes that his ashes be placed next to his Grandfather and on the hill overlooking the original homestead. The Holy Family stained glass window in this Church is dedicated to my Great Grandparents and their names are also on the bells in the steeple. The Josef and Barbara Mayer Sr. Family window was dedicated by family in 1945 for $125.00. I'm going back on Sept. 20th to meet up with my brother and some other family members and take in our family history in Lefor. Great pictures and thank you for sharing.

    Chris Mayer

    ReplyDelete